About Me

Chicago, Il, United States
I'm a simple man from the city of wind as we so lovingly call it. For those that don't know i'm talking about CHICAGO. My home, my world, my town. I'm crass, i'm rude, and i'm disgusting. Yet i'm also very spiritual, loving and down to earth. Above all i'm honest.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Chuck E. Cheese's: A Personal Observance in the Perversion of the Family Dynamic

This might get wordy, it might not. I don't know. So as usual, buckle up, hang tight and enjoy the read. And if you enjoy what you read please comment. If you hate what you read please comment.

Last weekend I went to Chuck E. Cheese's. Yall know that place with the motto "Where a kid can be a kid." Great place for small kids. They get to do all the kid type things, run around like fools, yell, scream, make a mess and annoy the hell out of any adults that are near by. Yea, those things. No I wasn't going there getting my R. Kelly on. (Yea i went there, we all know he's had a thing little under aged girls), My nephew/Godson was celebrating his 2 years of being on this glorious planet. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY BAD ASS!! Now back to my story.

I attempted to enjoy myself while I was there. And for the most, parts of me did. The part that will eternally remain a child had a blast. The parental part of me enjoyed walking around with my nephew playing games or tossing the ball around. Enjoying the joy he was having. The family man part of me also.

The intellectual, over analytical, extremely critical, ever sarcastic, socially aware black man that encompasses my entire being was down right appalled. It was as if someone had slapped me with a hand full of shit, only cleaner and not as highly offensive(if someone ever slapped me with shit, I'd be in jail). What is it you ask. What could I have possible seen in the land of ashy elbows, unchanged diapers and perpetual bad behavior that could have offend the intellectual, over analytical, extremely critical, ever sarcastic, socially aware black man that I am.....

Mothers...

Yea I said it. The mothers that were there is what got me. Or the age of the mothers. Let me elaborate

When I was younger and went to C.E.C you would see actual mothers there. You know the older more mentally mature, self sacrificing mom's. They made sure your hair was combed, you had lotion or Vaseline on your skin. That you were presentable cause you were being a representation of them. In turn they were dressed and represented themselves in a respectable manner. No booty shorts or low cut tops. They were women.

That shit I saw over the weekend. LAAAAWD HAVE MERCY ON ME!!!! These chicks were wearing any  damn thing. I mean just straight TRASHY WHORE TYPE shit. All the tight fitting jumpers, skimpy short skirts and the damn stomachs hanging out of the bottom of their shirts. EWWW!!! That shit was just so damn disgusting.... and embarrassing.. Now the few that were some what semi presentable, halfway decent were the proud parents of kids that I'd be embarrassed to call mine

The apathy in the place was over bearing. They walked in located a table gave the kids tokens and that was that. They sat there eating and talking while these damn bad ass Bebe's just ran roughshod all over the damn place. They were so bad they didn't turn on the band. HOW THE HELL THE CHUCK E. CHEESE BAND NOT BE TURNED ON!!!!!


And then it hit me, these are kids. Raised with no direction, no desire. No solid role models to show them what being a woman is all about. They didn't have Big Momma and nem. No village helping to raise them. Most of them didn't have a man in the house telling them they were beautiful and special and a treasure.  Most were born with out hope.

So as I sat in the land of dusty elbows, ashy ankles and bad ass kids. In the world of skimpy skirts and fucked up lace fronts I had a mild epiphany. A mini revelation..

I'm not going into another fucking Chuck E. Cheese's again.

No comments:

Post a Comment