About Me

Chicago, Il, United States
I'm a simple man from the city of wind as we so lovingly call it. For those that don't know i'm talking about CHICAGO. My home, my world, my town. I'm crass, i'm rude, and i'm disgusting. Yet i'm also very spiritual, loving and down to earth. Above all i'm honest.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Seasons Change

People are in your life for a season.... yada yada yada you know how it goes. We've all heard it and we know how it goes. If you don't, get yo head outta ya ass and look it up. Where the hell you been under a rock??? Seriously....

Ok back to what I originally started to write about. Seasons. Or better yet the ebb and flow of relationships and how your past impacts your future. Damn that's a mouth full.. So this week my better half had a minor surgical procedure that required her to spend the night in jail... Oh wait I meant in the hospital... Hell they both the same thing ain't they. Shitty living spaces, bland food, someone watching your every move. And occasionally you might get the annoying roommate who snores, always clogs the toilet and has a strange body odor. (Shit this reminds me of college almost)..

Fuck, ok where was I... Oh yea. The wife had surgery this week. I won't say what kind cause it ain't ya damn biddness. The surgery was a success but that's not what I wanna talk about.

When I got ready to finally crash for the night it hit me that I'd been through this surgery with another significant other in my life before. Yet this time it was different. This time it was my wife, my heart and my soul. The first time I went through this same situation I wasn't sure what to say or how to act. Not knowing how to touch her or  should I offer any assistance of any kind. This time I didn't have those apprehensions. This time I was at peace. And all I could think of was seasons..

Seasons
And their timing.

I'll admit, that I've been a bastard in most of my relationships. Its just my nature.. I'm harsh, especially to those I love. Yet I pray that I've left a positive impact on the lives of those I've shared special times with. I know they have left marks on my life.

What I really realized is that when folks talk about the ending of relationships, its always negative. Its always malice filled. I mean are folks under the impression that all relationships should end in marriage? Everyone you date isn't a life mate.Some seasons are longer than others. That doesn't mean you can't learn from them. Treat each season as a learning experience. Don't be so quick to forget or expunge the  memory of the prior season from your memory. That past relationship taught you something important.

Its up to you to stop being an ass about your past and embrace it.
Whenever you hear the line about seasons (you know the one you're supposed to look up once you get that rock from over your head) you should remember this one. "Those that don't know history are doomed to repeat it."  If you need some help in determining why your current situations are the way they are. Look at your past ones. The good and the bad. The answer is probably there...

No comments:

Post a Comment