About Me

Chicago, Il, United States
I'm a simple man from the city of wind as we so lovingly call it. For those that don't know i'm talking about CHICAGO. My home, my world, my town. I'm crass, i'm rude, and i'm disgusting. Yet i'm also very spiritual, loving and down to earth. Above all i'm honest.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Addiction Amy

.. may you rest in peace. I pray you  find the peace and balance that you were unable to find in life...

Its no secret that Amy Winehouse passed away a few days ago. Another "Great"  musician dead at the age of 27. Now i'll admit when my wife told me she dies my first words were "Oh Well." (GASPS) Don't act like you were really shocked that she'd been found dead. I mean really, are you REALLY that surprised??? Lets look at a few things.

Yes she was a talented musician
Yes she was a tortured soul
Yes she was a human being
Yes she was an addict.
Yes she'd attempted rehabs but she never stayed

My heart goes out to her family and her friends because she's no longer on this earth. Yet the realist in me stops right there. Simply because there was only ONE outcome to her life based on the current trajectory it was on. Death. Now some will say she could have turned it around, she could have sought help and gotten better. And that's true, she could have. That would have resulted in the trajectory of her life changing.  Sending her in a different direction.One with a cleaner and brighter outcome. One where, a death so young, would have been avoided. Alas this is not the case.

So where does that leave us?

Death is always a monumental event. We should learn something from every person's death. Although I did not know Amy Winehouse her death did touch me. Even the realist in me. She had a disease that many people struggle with. She was an addict. Plain and simple. Its not pretty its not glamorous. Its a fact. She lost that fight. Yet others don't have to. If you are an addict and you seek help please ask for it. If you know an addict who is seeking help please help them. Don't force them into anything. Don't turn your backs or close your eyes. Too many people support the disease and not the cure. If there is an addict reading this and you need help, or a friend send me a message or call 1-800-662-HELP. 


Addiction is disease that can be helped. Lets pitch in and do our part.

2 comments:

  1. Very classy, my friend.
    This post makes me proud to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work bro! You could have took a chance to rip Amy Crackhouse but you (unlike me) took the high road, no pun intended.

    ReplyDelete