About Me

Chicago, Il, United States
I'm a simple man from the city of wind as we so lovingly call it. For those that don't know i'm talking about CHICAGO. My home, my world, my town. I'm crass, i'm rude, and i'm disgusting. Yet i'm also very spiritual, loving and down to earth. Above all i'm honest.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Love on a Loaf

On my way home I called the wife and asked if I needed to stop for anything. BIG MISTAKE!!!!  here's how the convo went.


Me "Hey baby, you need me to stop for anything?
Wife "Yea we're out of bread. can you stop and grab a loaf."
Me: "and what else?"
Wife: "Thats it just a loaf of bread. Oh and come caramel syrup and whip cream. I feel like making a banana split with you as the banana.".... Ok maybe not that last part (oh how i wish she had though) all she wanted was a loaf of bread.


One loaf. 


A single solitary stinking,LOAF of bread. I mean what the hell is she thinking. I'm a MAN, i need a true quest. Send me to track down some ribs or a case of beer. Maybe even go out and buy a new TV. Something manly. But NOOOOO!!!! She sent me for a loaf, of bread. 


No Peanut butter
No Jelly
No milk and eggs
No Ham and cheese
Just a loaf.


I diverted my commute 15 mins to get a single frigging loaf of bread for a sandwich that she MIGHT decide that she wants to make the next day. And you know what. 


I went. Cause i'm a man in love with his wife. So I went to that store and I conquered that loaf and took home the spoils of war to my lady. 


Cause I'm a man, with a loaf, in love.


And for all you women who will read this and say "YOU ASKED IF SHE WANTED ANYTHING." Just shut it up. will ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment