About Me

Chicago, Il, United States
I'm a simple man from the city of wind as we so lovingly call it. For those that don't know i'm talking about CHICAGO. My home, my world, my town. I'm crass, i'm rude, and i'm disgusting. Yet i'm also very spiritual, loving and down to earth. Above all i'm honest.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

RIGHTEOUS HEAD

Most, if not all, of you who may happen to grace this page and read it will have heard the story of David V. Goliath. The short sweet version is lil ole David hit BIG OLE GOLIATH IN the head with a stone and knocked him (INSERT FRIDAY REFERENCE HERE). Upon which he took Goliath's sword and cut his head off. Everyone looks to this story (both biblical and non-biblical folken alike) as a story that represents what faith in GOD will do for you. Or they see it as being able to overcome any obstacle, regardless of the size. It hit me that this story can be viewed another way to.

Church is an awesome place to go and fellowship. Yet its not the end all, be all of an individuals salvation. There are those that want you to believe that if you're not in Church on Sunday morning for, Bible study, followed by devotion, and morning prayer (toss an alter call in the mix) followed by the actual word, then benediction , that you're going to HELL. I say good for them. Those are their feelings and they are entitled to them. My response to that is a a church is a building. That's it. it's brick and mortar, steel pipes wooden pews (or chairs). Its a big square box.

BLASPHEMY!! some might yell. Well hey, truth is truth. What makes a building a CHURCH is the faith of those that enter it. The knowledge, (what they hold in their heads), that what they feel in their hearts, is true. This is what makes a building CHURCH. Now you can get all technically religiously on me and go into the 
consecration of the ground and everything else that  goes probably goes into it . And my response...............its all filler. Without knowledge (a head) its still a building. 

Now what does this have to do with lil ole David and BIG OLE GOLIATH?. Relax, I'm coming to it soon enough. Just remember (if the head ain't right, the rest will fall)

When we talk of building and creating we always talk of a strong foundation. We give credence to things at the bottom that helped us get to the top. What happens when the top ain't right?.Imagine building a house. You start with a foundation and work up. Yet if you build a bogus roof the house will eventually fall. A foundation is only as the items built upon it. Church is the same way.

I don't need to go to a building every Sunday to get the word of GOD. I know, I know, I'm SOOOO GOING TO HELL right. Maybe, I am, maybe I'm not.. I can't say. Only HE can judge me. All I know is that when I'm talking to someone else about religion. When I'm living my life as Christan like as I can be. When I  share my Christianity with others. I'm in CHURCH.  .ISHY HEAD is the reason so many aren't in that building.

Yea I said it. ISHY HEAD. As I've stated before, church is nothing but a building. Once those who enter into it start believing in knowledge, (what they hold in their heads), that what they feel in their hearts, is true is when it becomes CHURCH. What happens when there is ISHY HEAD in a Church??? Unfortunately we've all been there and we've seen what happens. Its David vs. Goliath all over again. In a different context. David confronted a giant and exposed the weak spot. For all his strength, size and armor, Goliath's weakest point was his head. 

Look at all the major corporations and companies that folded and went under the past few years. They had a foundation, yet they had ISHY HEAD. And look what happened. Ishy Head will get you every time. 

So I leave you with this. GET YA HEAD RIGHT. And for all of those who want to go to CHURCH but don't due to ISHY HEAD remember this,don't let their ishiness impact your christian journey. Your shoes are your shoes for a reason and walk your walk the way you want to. No one cares how you get there just get there.

1 comment: